What's the Superior Bubble Tea?

As a person who’s constantly looking for new places to try:

• What’s your favorite bubble tea place(s) and why? :thinking: (please also include city!)

For me in NYC, my go-to is Boba Guys whenever I’m in the area. Their boba is so much more chewy than the other options I know of (Gong Cha and Kung Fu Tea). Plus, their flavor selection is much more unique. For example, I just had a Matcha + Peach ramune (Japanese soda) bubble tea from there. It was adorable named Matcha Peachu too :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

If I’m back at my school (Rutgers Uni, NJ), my favorite is Happy Lemon because it’s the one that’s most similar in flavor to Taiwan’s bubble tea!

1 Like

If I’m buying it, my go-to in NYC is Gong Cha because it’s so close to the office. Drink of choice is the coffee milk tea with bubbles.

@Ryan actually got me on the make it yourself train though. It’s surprisingly easy and cheap to make you own bubble tea!

3 Likes

Next time y’all want to try something new at a bubble tea spot, ask if they have grass jelly. My go to order at Gong Cha is a Oolong milk tea with grass jelly.

Also, give warm bubble tea a try! Maybe not right now since it’s you know… hot outside, but come winter. Warm bubble tea is where it’s at.

2 Likes

Best bubble tea I’ve ever had is TeaStori in Gainesville, FL. There were so many options, the boba had a great texture (and also had different flavors), and the shop is really aesthetic! I think the environment I get my bubble tea from contributes a little bit to how I like it.

St. Louis has a few bubble tea options but nothing amazing. I’ve been trying out a place called TastiTea, which has been getting some Instagram clout recently for their “dirty” teas.

Pics below -

• split royal milk tea w/ strawberry boba and taro milk tea w/ regular boba (teastori)
  • dirty milk tea (tastitea).

4 Likes

Don’t sleep on bar pa tea!

My girlfriend and I went to Lab B. a while back, and bar pa tea’s exhibit was my favorite. They gave soft serve with bubbles as a topping. Complete game changer.

2 Likes

Gong Cha is my go to :stuck_out_tongue: I usually get the original milk tea with grass jelly, none of that other flavor like watermelon :c

2 Likes

I’ve been wanting to go to Bar Pa Tea for sooooooo long. IT LOOKS SO GOOD AHH. I need to go one weekend this summer

1 Like

That split cup is AMAZING. I’ve always run into the dilemma of “Do I get X or Y flavor?!” Anyone who I eat food with will know I suck at making choices. If only we had this in NYC :frowning:

2 Likes

My go-to when trying a new place is original black milk tea :") It’s the best way to test out a place’s tea! I always go for 25% or less sugar because the tea flavor is much more pronounced so it feels more earthy. If you haven’t tried it already, I’d definitely recommend it!

At Gong Cha, my go-to order is Oolong milk tea, no ice (it gets watered down because I take forever to finish it), 25% sugar, and with tapioca :tada:

1 Like

I just moved to NYC and haven’t tried any bubble tea here yet (this thread has me pretty convinced to go get some after work today though) :slight_smile:

My favorite place back home (Kansas City) is Dragonfly Tea. I’ve just recently been introduced to the world of bubble tea and haven’t quite found my go-to order yet, but I like trying the more unique flavors.

2 Likes

Always get bubble tea at second rate places. Like at a gas station. #andThatsTheTea

2 Likes

Share Tea is phenomenal, their Real Milk Tea at 50% sweet, regular ice, and bubbles is my jam.

Also in Seattle there’s a place that does build your own boba, Boba Up which is a pretty great experience.

Fanciest bubble tea I’ve ever had though is Asha Tea House in Berkeley.

2 Likes

Penn State has a place called MomoTaro and the have creme brulee cheese tea that will change your life. I’ll take the next MLHer that comes to HackPSU to experience its glory.

5 Likes

Putting in my request to attend HackPSU…

1 Like