[Peer Group Takeaways] 2020-05-15

Hey all!

I’m here with a set of takeaways from this week’s Peer Group on Digital Hackathons! Noah form WinHacks hosted the session led a great discussion around how to bring your hackathons online. We covered a ton of stuff, but I’ve highlighted a few of the main takeaways below.

If you haven’t been to a Peer Group yet , I definitely recommend checking them out. These are calls where organizers from around the world come together to talk about the challenges they’re facing with planning.

• As you compile a list of companies to reach out to for sponsorship, use websites like Glassdoor to see which companies are hiring. You don’t need to stick to only these companies, but they’re a great place to start.
  • Having a chat platform at digital events is essential. Discord is a great option since it’s free. You can enforce professionalism by requiring folks put their name and a photo during the check-in process.
  • Keep hackers engaged throughout the event with workshops and mini-events. Running workshops live is more engaging, but you can always pre-record if a sponsor/presenter prefers that format.

Have questions about digital hackathons? Ask in the comments here or join us next week on our Peer Group!