Localhost workshop conversations between Hackers, MLH, and Google assistant

CONVERSATIONS BETWEEN HACKERS, MLH, HACKSAS AND GOOGLE ASSISTANT.

:fire::fire: :fire:AUGUST RUSH :fire::fire: :fire:

HackSAS ask: Are you ready to hack Google assistant with HackSAS tech community on 17th August 2019 workshop @ Yola?
:nerd_face::nerd_face::nerd_face::smiley::smiley::call_me_hand:t4::call_me_hand:t4:

Hackers reply: Yes! But have some questions to ask.

Hackers ask: Okay Google! How do I Build Actions for Google Assistant?
Please Google tell me how I can hack you​:kissing_heart::kissing_heart::kissing_heart::kissing_heart:, you know that I love you.

Google reply: Hey! You need the codebase for this workshop and promotion code to sign up for Google Cloud platform without a credit card.

MLH interrupt: To recieve the codebase and the promo code, HackSAS will fill out the check-in form for you when you attend the workshop and sign in your email in check-in attendance sheet.
You will receive two emails - one with the promo code, and one with the workshop instructions. Keep these handy!

Hackers ask: What will I learn today :thinking::thinking::thinking:?

HackSAS reply:
1- you will Understand voice user interfaces & what you can build using them.
2- you will become familiar with Google cloud platform.
3- you will learn how to combine several Google APIs and services to create awesome Actions.
:blush::blush:

Hackers ask: what are we going to build :thinking::thinking::thinking:?

Google reply: you can ask the sentiment analysis how people feel about any given topic. For example, type or speak, "How do people feel about animals?":nerd_face::nerd_face::nerd_face:

Hackers ask: How did that work​:thinking::thinking::thinking:?

MLH reply:
1- you spoke or typed a query in to a Dialogflow widget.

2- that query was submitted as a request to an Action on Google, a type of application for Google Assistant.

3- the Action sent a request to the Twitter API to retrieve tweets about the subject.
4- the Action then submitted the response from the Twitter API (Tweets about the query) to the Google Cloud Natural Language API which ran sentiment analysis to determine how people feel about the subject you entered.
5- the app received the response from the NLP API and replied through the Dialogflow widget. :blush::blush::blush::blush::blush: It’s not Magic.

HackSAS interrupt: Part of being a developer is learning how to pick the right tools for the job, and how to put them together.

Hackers ask: what tools are we going to use to recreate the Action you tried? And what tools are we going to use :woozy_face::woozy_face::woozy_face::woozy_face:?

Google reply: sweetheart these are the tools that you are going to use;
JAVASCRIPT: A programming language used for many different types of apps.

GOOGLE CLOUD PLATFORM: A set of tools and services for creating applications that are connected to the web.

THE TWITTER API: Twitter’s developer platform that allows programmatic interactions with Twitter.

ACTIONS ON GOOGLE: A Google service that enables you to create Actions for Google Assistant.

DIALOGFLOW: A Google service that enables you to easily create conversational interfaces for your Actions.

Google ask: what are you going to do?:microphone::microphone::microphone:

Hackers reply: just thinking of were to start, :relieved::relieved::thinking::thinking::thinking::thinking:.

Hackers shout: help! Help! I need the steps that I will need to take to recreate the Action to tried.

MLH team reply: Cool down since you have us and HackSAS team :shushing_face::shushing_face::nerd_face::nerd_face:.

Hackers mode: :flushed::flushed::flushed::astonished::astonished::astonished::roll_eyes::roll_eyes::roll_eyes:.

MLH reply: these are the steps you will need to take to recreate the Action you tried;

1- create a Google Cloud platform account.
2- enable the Natural Language Processing API.
3- create an Actions on Google project.
4- Build an intent with Dialogflow.
5- create a Twitter Dev account so your action can use the Twitter API.
6- Add your credentials to the code for the project.
7- Test it out.
:nerd_face::nerd_face::nerd_face::nerd_face:

Google ask: what are you waiting for?

Hackers reply: :running_man::running_man::running_man::running_man::computer::computer::computer::computer:.

HackSAS team: Let’s get started!

MLH team: Wait!!!
To complete this workshop, you will need a Google account. If you don’t have a Google account, go-to mlhlocal.host/google-account and create one!

Note: if your Google account is through a school, it is advisable to use a personal Google account as some schools do not enable cloud console (which you’ll need!). :nerd_face::nerd_face::nerd_face::nerd_face:

Hackers: :pleading_face::pleading_face::pleading_face::pleading_face::rofl::rofl::rofl::smiley::smiley::nerd_face::running_man::running_man::running_man:🤸🤸

Google reply: Hey! Sweetheart here is the steps to your Google Cloud Platform Account :nerd_face::nerd_face::nerd_face::kissing_heart::kissing_heart::kissing_heart:.

1- Make sure you’re logged into your Google account.
2- Click the Google cloud platform promo credit from your email!
3- Read the terms. If you agree, check the terms of service box. Then, select Accept and continue.

NOTE: Do NOT activate the $300 in promo credit. That will require you to use a credit card!.

Hackers: Great!:kissing_heart::kissing_heart::kissing_heart::kissing_heart::relieved::relieved::blush: I now have a Google Cloud Platform account! :nerd_face::nerd_face::nerd_face::nerd_face:

HackSAS team: Let’s create your first project.
:running_man::running_man::running_man::running_man::nerd_face::nerd_face:

Happy Hacking

Major League Hacking is the best organization to empower hackers.

Created by HackSAS Leader Sa’ad Ahmad Sa’ad.